I NEED AN OIL CHANGE!
Engine oil (aka motor oil) keeps your engine moving smoothly by reducing friction between its parts. Less friction means more power, more speed, and better gas mileage. If you care about your car, it’s important to ensure that only clean oil flows within.
We’re skilled technicians ready to get you just the right oil for the job, but perhaps you want to be able to do it yourself. Fantastic! We’re more than happy to help you understand the traditional process of an oil change so you are better prepared for emergencies. And no worries, if you need help, just give us a call at (530) 826-4275 and we can do the job for you at an affordable price.
WHEN TO CHANGE YOUR MOTOR OIL
We suggest changing engine oil every 3000-5000 miles; 3000 for synthetic oils, 5000 for synthetic-blends. Synthetic-blends tend to work better and longer than standard synthetic oils, and if you need help choosing the right one, just let us know.
Your vehicle may have computers that help determine oil quality and levels so check the owner’s manual for further information. If you’re unsure, it’s typically safe to change oil at the same 3-5000 mile interval for almost all consumer vehicles. You can be sure it’s time to change if it becomes dirty or sludgy oil that’s thick with debris, which can happen quickly under harsh conditions like off-roading or mud bogging. Check more often under these circumstances.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR ENGINE OIL
The process of an oil change is actually deceptively simple, though some newer vehicles can make it needlessly difficult (give us a call if you have trouble). But typically, changing your own motor oil goes like this:
- First, review your Owner’s Manual to find your oil drain plug. It’s somewhere under the engine and you just unscrew it and oil falls out, simple as that, but don’t do it quite yet;
- Second, get a drip pan, put it under the drain plug to make sure the oil falls into that. You don’t want it getting all over the place. Now release (unscrew) the plug so the oil drains out into the pan;
- Third, when the oil is drained completely, find and replace the oil filter. You will want to have it ready beforehand, of course;
- Finally, after replacing the filter and closing the drain so the new oil doesn’t fall right back out, find the oil dipstick (under the hood), remove it, and pour in new oil up the line on the dipstick. Be sure to wipe the stick off before first testing the levels, otherwise you may get a false reading.
Because of the complicated and variable nature of newer or foreign engines, please refer to your owner’s manual for specific instructions on how to change your oil the right way. For a quick rundown on changing oil but in video format, check out this YouTube video by Scotty Kilmer on “How to Change the Oil in Your Car (The Right Way)”.
Or you give us a call to schedule an appointment and we’ll handle the labor for you!
SET APPOINTMENT ONLINE CLICK HERE
EMAIL US email@example.com
WHY YOU SHOULD CHANGE OIL AND OIL FILTERS
What does engine wear actually mean and how does oil help? As the engine parts move and grind against each other, the physical contact wears away microscopic particles of metal, which mix with external dirt and grime. By absorbing these “particulates” into fluid oil, we can reduce friction and wear on the engine. To increase efficiency, an oil filter extracts those particulates so they don’t ruin the oil. If the filter gets clogged, it can’t do its job either and this reduces oil viscosity (lubrication), increasing friction and harming the engine.
“Reserve Alkalinity” is a term that refers to an oil’s ability to resist the formation of acids, which corrode the engine. Better oils retain reserve alkalinity better and longer, thus they do their job better and longer. When reserve alkalinity is depleted, your engine wears down much faster so it’s important to keep clean oil flowing at all times.
Quality engine oil means you can drive farther without worrying about oil changes as often, and this can save you a lot of hassle down the road. We suggest synth-blend oils for increased longevity and engine performance.
Prices starting at $39!
We can have you back on the road in as little as 15 minutes!
NEED AN EXPERT OIL CHANGE?
– We provide both A Service and B Service to
match your manufacturer’s short- and long-term maintenance requirements.
– Synthetic and Synth-blend oils are available. Call ahead for custom orders.
– We work on European vehicles too! Just give us a call first so we have the right tools ready for you!
– We’re friendly experts with decades of experience. Relax in our comfortable waiting room with free water, WIFI, and even Netflix.
– Our fast oil change includes free vehicle inspection and routine maintenance advice.
Like winning? Like free stuff?? Want a chance to win a free oil change in Chico??! And A NEW CHANCE TO WIN every month too!!!